I cannot believe it! Sometimes I look at her now and think where did all the time go?! I think that somehow at three months she could still be called a newborn but now she looks like an infant instead of just a little baby. She has been entertaining Bryce and I so much, she is trying out new sounds every day (today it is a high pitched squeal) and she has found her sense of humor. She was laughing so loud at the dogs playing the other day (check out the video below). She loves to giggle and laugh, and her new favorite is to be danced around the room. I love hearing her laugh! She has been so much better with going out now too. Bryce and I took a chance at a Mexican restaurant down the road, we both ate super fast because we were afraid she would start crying at any moment and we didn't want to be those people (you know the ones who get a dirty look for bringing the crying kid to a grown up place). Charlotte was great though. She didn't fuss and she just sat in her carseat and watched. We even took her to the mall and got some shopping done. Her little cheeks were so red because she gets hot so easy and every store has the heat blasting and bright lights going, but she was a trooper.
She has been sleeping better at night as well. She's not back to being as good a sleeper as she was before I went to work, but she is getting better. She usually wakes up between 2 and 3 now and then sleeps until Bryce comes in to wake her up and get her ready for Monica's. I decided I am going to try and hold off on the cereal for as long as I can. I don't know what happened to me! Before I had Charlotte, I was totally fine with formula and all the baby foods-but now I just can't get out of my head how gross and artificial it all seems. At any rate, I believe that God gave me breast milk because that is what is best for her and it makes total sense to me that since I have it breast milk should be enough for now. I would at least like her to show an interest in food before we move on to using a spoon! It is possible that I am being selfish here as well, I had no idea that the bond you develop by breastfeeding a baby would be so deep. I enjoy the time we get to spend together when it is just the two of us and she is so content. I think going back to work would have been even more devastating if I didn't have those special moments to look forward to. Even when I get up at night now, I try to put a positive spin on her feedings and think that I get to spend just a few more peaceful minutes with her and in those moments it feels as though all is right in the world.
Here are some pictures of our beauty:
She wants to sit up by herself so bad!
Pink cheeks after a day out
All bundled up for the snow flurries!
We didn't think about video of her laughing until she was almost done, but you can get a glimpse!

she has filled out so much and is just beautiful. Times does fly and I'm glad even in the craziness your able to take time to breath it all in.
ReplyDeleteOh she is SO sweet! Don't you just LOVE those first belly laughs! And those oh so rosy cheeks, been there. . .
ReplyDeleteDon't second guess your feelings for one minute. My babies never got a bite of food before 6 months and they have nice, round, healthy bellies! She is a beautiful girl!!! They do grow up WAY TOO FAST though!
ReplyDelete