Bryce's birthday is on Tuesday, so to celebrate we went out for dinner and a movie. My Mom and Dad were nice enough to come up and watch Charlotte, and I have been absolutely amazed at the transformation they have both made into Grandparents. They completely cover Charlotte with hugs and kisses and just can't get enough of her!
Bryce and I were planning on going to Cirque du Soliel but didn't start soon enough because tickets were already sold out. I am usually such a planner, but these days I'm lucky if I can remember what I'm supposed to do tomorrow. We settled on dinner and a movie close by so that I wouldn't have to leave too many bottles and we are going to try to see Cirque sometime before they leave Atlanta. Bryce really wanted to see Defiance, but it was only playing in the morning so we defaulted to the movie of my choice, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. What a good husband I have to let me choose the movie on HIS birthday! The movie was a beautiful story that left me teary eyed on more than one occasion. I was totally blown away by the make up artistry in the movie, I am still trying to figure out how they made Cate Blanchett look so young and how I can get some of that! For much of the movie Cate Blanchett is a ballet dancer, which totally appealed to me because I miss dance so much, and they filmed the most beautiful scenes of her. I have always thought Brad Pitt is attractive but this movie definitely amped it up a notch, he was so beautiful to look at! This movie was worth seeing in the theater. I also made a run for Starbucks, it is such a rare treat for me to get anything with caffeine in it now. I slurped down my Mocha Frappucinno before Bryce was even a quarter of the way through his. This was the first Starbucks I had in over a year and I was craving it!
After the movie Bryce and I headed to Bonefish Grill to fulfill Bryce's seafood fix. Bryce and his family are from Wilmington North Carolina and absolutely love seafood while I might eat seafood four or five times a year. Bryce ordered the Grouper and I had the pecan crusted trout which were both excellent (and worth the hour wait). We came home to find Charlotte bathed and ready for bed, dinner for tomorrow ready in the fridge, and laundry finished and folded. After seeing all of this of course Bryce said we should go out more often!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

See! You always used to talk about how my mom was so fabulous, but yours is proving to be the same. It is just something that happens to them...kinda like when we became moms. :) I am glad ya'll had a great night!
ReplyDelete