Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's all in a name



After staring at a list of 25 licensed in-home daycare providers in my area I found myself near tears trying to contemplate how to choose a person to care for my child based on their name. I kept feeling their name out, saying it over and over trying to determine if somehow I could imagine trusting my life to a person with that name. It turned out to be a moot point, I started at the top of the list and soon realized that finding someone was going to be a lot harder than I thought. Out of every person I called, only two were even willing to watch children under one! Both ladies don't currently have a spot, but have put us on their waiting list for the fall and we are going to interview with one of the ladies later this week. There is a possibility that she will have an opening on Fridays starting in March, which would be a huge help to us because all of Monica's shows are on the weekend. I kind of insisted that she see us for an interview because I feel so sure that once she actually sees Charlotte she will fall in love with her cute face and try to work us in somehow, plus I wanted to be able to check out her space before I got my hopes up. We actually have two factors working against us though, one is that Charlotte is so young but the other is that Bryce and I are both teachers. It is going to be really tough to find someone who won't make us pay to hold her spot over the summer, but not paying for child care over the summer would save us close to two thousand dollars. Whew, there's more to this baby stuff than I ever realized! So now our prayers will be focused on finding that perfect place for Charlotte to go during the day, I want nothing less than the best for my baby!


Who could resist that face?!

1 comment:

  1. Beckie, what a hard thing to deal with. Finding someone to trust with your child. Good luck. I be thinking about you guys and praying that it works out just perfectly. It would be hard to resist that adorable face.

    ReplyDelete