Ugh. So she is literally taking a bite of cereal now and holding it in her mouth until we get her to wash it down with water. I called the Pediatrician who basically said RELAX. If she doesn't want to eat it, don't make her. She suggested a vitamin (poly vi sol) to ease my fears that she isn't getting the nutrition she needs and told me to weigh her if I got really worried. She also told me that in two months time Charlotte isn't going to be drinking formula any more anyway, so why I am so worried? Her last suggestion was to let Charlotte feed herself as much as possible and try to give her what we are eating at our meals. I took this last piece of advice to heart and starting with dinner she ate what we ate.....pasta (I cooked her a separate sauce out of this recipe book), broccoli, and grapes (all cut baby fine). Of course she scarfed it down like a champ.
She has a slight fever (around 99.5) and seems a little quieter than usual but still plays really hard. One of the few moments of relief seem to come from this fresh food feeder by Munchkin. I put frozen peaches or mango inside this little bag and she goes to town. She has become a fast little crawler in the last week or so too. Hopefully this is another puzzling phase that will pass soon.

This is very typical from the Mom's that I have talked to. Part of it is that they are learning to assert themselves and what they do and don't like but additionally she probably is getting teeth like always with teeth there is not much you can do but make them comfortable. It is just a phase, this to shall pass... On another note I am nearly done with the baby blanket for her. I made it HUGE so that she can have it for years to come. I am in school in MN for the next two weeks but when I return home I will be doing the edging and then I can mail it out, hopefully in time for her first birthday. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteoh, my we've had more of those not wanting to eat phases then you can imagine. The teething thing is such a guessing game. I'm sure that is what it is. It is so hard not to panic but hang in there you're doing great and she is adorable and healthy.
ReplyDelete