Wednesday, July 15, 2009

10 months old



Charlotte has officially been in the world longer than she was inside me. She is looking more and more like a little girl and losing those baby characteristics. There is literally at least one moment every day when I look at her and think "Wow, she is really beautiful". She has a lot more hair now, not quite enough for a bow yet (much to the chagrin of many who shall remain unnamed!) but she is actually getting two curls in the back. Truthfully, her hair can take as long as it wants to grow, I am dreading the chore of fixing her hair every day! Charlotte went from army crawling to robotic crawling to speed crawling this month. There are actually times now when I turn away just to answer the phone or grab something out of her reach and I have to search to see where she went. She is pulling up on everything and gradually starting to take steps. We also moved from stage 2 to stage 3 in her foods and we are trying to just cut up some of our meals for her to eat. This is proving harder than it seems because Bryce and I don't always eat healthy, balanced meals. Charlotte can drink from a cup (with or without a spout), wave bye-bye, clap, and bounce and splash when asked to. She can also acknowledge different items around the house (where's Dada? where's Baxter? where's the ball?). We are still working on sign language but it is a hard habit to keep. I couldn't be happier with her schedule this summer, she lays right down for her naps and bedtime and has been sleeping until at least 8:00. Overall, we have a happy and healthy little girl. I am already thinking about her first birthday and what an emotional day that will be!


Where did she go?


Big girl reaching in her toy box.


10 months old today.


These pictures are getting harder and harder to take
now that she's mobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment