Bryce and I took Charlotte to downtown Athens for a day trip. We've violated our policy of all naps in her own crib twice this week and we've paid for it with a fussy baby at night. We had such a good time walking around all of the little shops and having everyone tell us what a beautiful baby we have. Despite the face she's making, she really did like sitting on the bulldog!
We also took a little stroll by the University of Georgia and Charlotte looked TOO CUTE in her pink UGA hat!
After Charlotte's nine month check up we talked about changing her out of her carseat into an infant seat. We decided to go with the True fit by The First Years, because a friend highly recommended it and this blog sealed the deal. It also got great reviews on consumer reports. This car seat goes up to 65 pounds (so we shouldn't even need a booster seat), has a head rest that attaches to make it even taller, and rides forward or reverse. The APA recommends that babies ride in reverse until their second birthday and even though it is inconvenient we are going to leave her facing backwards for awhile. Just one video on the damage that happens to a baby's neck if they are in a car crash is enough for me.
Of course, the best thing about getting something new is the box it came in! Charlotte wants to open and close everything right now. Kitchen cabinets, dresser drawers, books, lids, etc. She has so much fun "opening and closing" this box!
Going for my first ride in my big girl car seat.
We went to the Marietta Square today for the 4th of July celebration. We got to see my parents, Bryce's parents at their booth, and my aunt and uncle. We officially became "those parents" with a red faced baby out in the heat that I always talk bad about, but we tried really hard to stay in the shade as much as possible. My Dad decided to treat Charlotte for handling the heat so well by sneaking her little bites of frozen yogurt. Of course Charlotte loved it!
More frozen yogurt Grandpa!!
Charlotte also fought me on wearing this hat, but in the end I won. One of the many battles that will be challenged between mother and daughter, I'm sure!
All the heat was worth it in the end, just for this lamp. I found it in a little store on the square, and I LOVE IT!! I had originally told Bryce that I was buying it for Charlotte's birthday, but it will look so cute in her room I'm not sure I can wait!!
I also spent some time at my parents house this week helping them clean out for a re-model. They are painting, getting new flooring, new cabinets, new appliances....going all out! I hope it is all done by Christmas time so we can see Charlotte walking around at their house!
Bryce and I are going to finish off this fourth of July with some Margaritas and sit on the back porch to watch fire works!

cute lamp. Charlotte is so darn cute!!! Glad the 4th was a success!
ReplyDeleteLove her bulldog impression! And isn't it funny how that whole "how you judged others" thing comes right back to bite you in the butt! Yeah I've been there too, and all I can say is I no longer judge crying babies in public, temper tantrums, or just about any parenting issues - well other than letting your kid bulley - there's never justification in that!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a Great 4th!