Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finishing up summer

Boo. It is that time of the year when we start racing around to get ready for the new school year. Checking the paper every Sunday for good deals on supplies for our classroom and running around town to get them, dentist appointments, lunch with friends, a good thorough cleaning of the house and everything in it, back to school clothes shopping, vet appointments...it is literally a list of things to do. We even had our carpets cleaned this week, which I highly recommend. The whole house took on a new sparkle and smells amazing-though keeping a crawling baby off of it long enough to let it dry was a challenge. We stayed home for nap time and then cruised the roads to gymboree and the grocery store for the rest of the day to keep her busy. Moving everything in and out of the garage was a good lesson for Bryce and I because we keep talking about moving to a bigger house. Our house looked huge without all of our stuff in it! We always joke that we moved into this house with two carloads of boxes and it will take us a huge moving truck to get out. We definitely have our eyes open to how fast you fill your space now!
Officially we have a week and a half of summer left, though I am really trying not to think about it. It is so hard starting the school year over with a new set of kids! High school students require a great deal of patience the first six weeks of school....it seems we all have something to prove during that time. My plan for the next twelve days is to not think about school and enjoy every minute with Bryce and Charlotte while I can.





My dental hygienist and I talked and talked about Charlotte during my appointment and she gave me a cute little pink toothbrush for her. I brush Charlotte's teeth with a finger brush every night but she really loved chewing on this thing during the day. I'm sure it feels good on her sore gums.

No comments:

Post a Comment