Bryce and I have always been dog people. In fact, I made it through exactly one football season our first year of marriage before I declared that I just could not live without a dog. Dogs truly are a point of joy in our lives, they bring us so much happiness and laughter and you don't know unconditional love like that of a dog. Baxter was very much like our first child; we babied him, took him everywhere with us, and bought him way too much stuff. Three years later I decided that Baxter needed someone to play with (much like some parents say when they decide to have another child) and we sought after Lola Belle. The first night was a little rough (Baxter was so freaked out that he actually had a seizure) but within a month they were running around here like best buds. We've been through a lot with these two....last summer Baxter dislocated the bones in his wrist and we have ongoing allergy issues with Lola. They have become a part of our family though so we always do whatever we can to keep them comfortable and healthy. I had to take Lola to the vet today because she has been acting absolutely pitiful and sleeping all the time and I knew when Bryce emailed me at work and said we needed to take her to the vet it was getting serious. Bryce is typically a "let's just wait and see if it gets better" type of man. So at the Vet we learned that Lola has double ear infections and an ulcer on her eye. Most likely this is due to her skin allergies. Her eyes are dry and itchy and unable to dislodge any debris and a common side effect of allergies in dogs is recurring ear infections. Who knew?! So now we have SIX medications (two for the ear and four for the eye) to try and combat these calamities and get this girl better again. I swear, if it is not one thing it's the other!

This is our very first picture of Baxter and Lola together

We came home to find Lola had tucked herself under her blanket
Yeah for doggie lovers. We have the same mind set when it comes to caring for our furry kids. Hope she is better soon. Poor girl.
ReplyDelete