Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Locks of Love

Most of you know that I have been growing my hair out for locks of love. Locks of love is an organization that makes wigs for children with hair loss (due to sickness, chemo, etc.) out of donated hair. They work only on monetary donations. I was really touched when I first heard about this charity and thought it would be such a simple way to give to someone in need. It took me a little over two years, but I finally grew the required ten inches. I went in to the salon today to have my hair cut, and my stylist pulled my hair back into two pony tails and snipped away. I can still hear the sound of the scissors in my ear! I love my new look but I am so proud of myself for staying true to what I set out to do. There are so many times I wanted to cut my hair instead of just get a trim! I didn't tell any of my students, I can't wait to see their reaction tomorrow!







2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new 'do!!! Great job on committing to locks of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! Congrats on reaching your goal! I think I may do it again too! Your my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete