Thursday, May 31, 2012

FOUR months old!

Four months old. What a milestone! Four months is really the end of the newborn stage in my mind. I went through Emily's closet and took out all of the newborn clothes. I found myself incredibly nostalgic about some pieces and unable to put them in the "sell" box. There are just certain outfits that remind me so much of each girl. It may not even be something special that we wore. It is usually a regular every day outfit that they just looked so cute in so we wore it over and over again. We definitely know that our family is complete now, but it still tugs on your heart strings to look at those teeny tiny baby clothes and know we will never use them again.

Ms. Emily has taken off in the fourth month. In a two week span she started pushing up more when on her belly and playing with toys that way. The first time we put her in an excersaucer she got the biggest smile on her face and can play contentedly while I take a shower or fix dinner. She is almost sitting up by herself. She is babbling away and loves to "talk" to the dogs. She is very interested in different toys and is starting to reach for anything and everything within her grasp. She LOVES to be outside. If she is getting irritable or fussy all I have to do is walk outside with her and her bubbly happy little personality comes right back. She loves to interact with people. If we are at a store she will stare someone down until they make eye contact with her, but they are rewarded with the sweetest smile. She is starting to regulate her sleep a little more, still taking three naps during the day and eating every 3 1/2 hours. She still gets up twice at night during a 12 hour period.

I am trying not to wish away her baby days but I remember with Charlotte that every month is even more exciting than the last. I love watching this little girl grow!




Of course, Charlotte had to get in on the action. She said "Wait Mommy! You have to have Sophie too!"


This one cracks me up!


Perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment