Thursday, May 24, 2012

God's Blessing


I met Mrs. D at Wal-Mart. I was eight months pregnant with Charlotte and grocery shopping with Bryce one evening. and went to reach into the refrigerated section for a gallon of milk. Mrs. D stopped me and asked if I already had someone to watch my baby. She said she didn't normally stop people but she just felt this little tug like God was telling her to talk to me. She showed me pictures of her daycare and at the time we weren't looking for anyone to watch C so we politely smiled and moved on with our shopping. A few months later I was desperately calling in-home daycares looking for someone that could watch Charlotte on a part time basis. I literally got to the LAST number with tears in my eyes, and as soon as she answered I knew. This is the lady I met at Wal-mart. God is looking out for me. We went and interviewed with Mrs. D and we have never looked back. Charlotte spent the next three years of her life at Mrs. D's house while we are at work, and I have never once had to worry about my child while she is there. Mrs. D has been God's blessing in our lives. She taught Charlotte so much.....things that as new parents we wouldn't have even realized the importance of. Yes, Mrs. D helped teach Charlotte her letters, and her numbers, and her colors, and how to write her name. She taught countless subjects that made Charlotte love to learn even more. But Mrs. D also taught Charlotte what it means to be loved and adored by someone who isn't your family. Mrs. D taught Charlotte her manners. Mrs. D taught Charlotte how to pray, and sing church songs, and love Jesus every day. Mrs. D taught Charlotte how to be kind and help others. Mrs. D taught Charlotte how to love herself. I am forever grateful and indebted to Mrs. D. I honestly don't know how we would have made it without her. As sad as I am that Charlotte is moving on to "big girl school" the only thing saving me is knowing that Emily will be with Mrs. D and will have the same wonderful teachings. God's blessing will continue in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment