Saturday, May 5, 2012

All work and no play

Work. Back to work. Maternity leave this time around was so much smoother. I'm not sure if it is the background knowledge that comes with having a second child or the sense of family that is already there, but by the end of my maternity leave with Emily I had a fairly good handle on things. We were on a good schedule (eating at 8, 11, 2, 5, 8 EVERY DAY no matter what) and sleeping for about an hour 4 times a day. Emily is still waking up 1 or 2 times a night, but thankfully she goes right back to sleep. I only have one month at school and then we are out for summer, so the mantra for the next four weeks is "I think I can, I think I can". Monica is watching Emily for us until the end of May and Charlotte will continue going to Mrs. D's house. Bryce will keep dropping Charlotte off in the mornings, but I will take Emily to Snellville before I continue on to school, then I will pick both girls up in the afternoon. Bryce often doesn't get home until after 6:00 now. That means my day starts around 4:45 AM when I get ready, feed and dress the baby, and leave by 6. I drive to Monica's and rush into the school building right about the time the bell is ringing. I pump three times while I'm at school, which means I also have to have my classes covered. After school is over, I leave to pick up the girls which is about an hour drive from school to home. Once home, I have to immediately feed the baby (she is usually getting fussy when we walk in the door because she is hungry), then I start dinner. After dinner it is bath time and bed time for ALL of us so we can do it all again tomorrow. I literally have sticky notes all over the place reminding me of everything I need to pack, what needs to be done, and who will be where on what days. I think I can, I think I can!
The ONLY thing that makes it all worth it, is coming home to these sweet faces!




No comments:

Post a Comment