Bryce's birthday is February 3rd, so Charlotte and I decided to celebrate him by making him his favorite kind of cake....an ice cream cake! When I came across this recipe for an Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream cake, I knew I had to give it a try-it was full of Bryce's favorite things! Charlotte and I stopped by the store on our way home from Mrs. D's house to try and be covert in our surprise cake but I definitely learned that the ride home made everything a little too melty to work well with. Charlotte didn't mind though, she loved licking the dripping mess from her fingers frequently. We washed hands so many times my hands felt chapped! Unfortunately, Bryce came home in the middle of our escapade and I sent Charlotte to the door to tell him to cover his eyes. Instead she ran to the door and shouted "Look Daddy, we makin' a cake!". Nice! Bryce was a good sport though and went to the other room so we could finish. We added an orange star to the top to make it a little more presentable since I couldn't get the topping just right and voila, a delicious icecream cake!

I tried to make a 2 and a 9 out of the candles!

Happy Birthday, Dear Daddy.....

I tried to make a 2 and a 9 out of the candles!
Happy Birthday, Dear Daddy.....

Love it! That picture of Charlotte's mouth in the first candle picture is adorable. Happy birthday to your hubby.
ReplyDelete