I planned a date night to celebrate Bryce's birthday and his parents came over to watch Charlotte for us while we went out. We started out at Two Urban Licks, a place Bryce has been dieing to try since we saw it on a food network show. It's this very spacious warehouse that has been converted into a hip restaurant with a beautiful skyline view of Atlanta. As usual, we over indulged and ate way too much but I also managed to get a good table and free dessert by using a website called opentable.com. I made our reservations online and included a comment that we were celebrating a birthday. We tried the Hazelnut Mousse and the Espresso Creme Brule. I would go back just for those two things!

After dinner we went to the 360` Theater that has been set up in a tent outside the World of Coke to see Peter Pan. It was a very cool experience in a round space with seats all around the outside and the stage in the middle. I was also in awe of the acrobatics and special effects they did with projections. I was wistful for Charlotte at first thinking that she would have enjoyed the show, but by the end we were both glad we didn't bring her. The website said not for children under five but even the "older" kids who were there were scared. It was a wonderful show for adults though and we really enjoyed the night out on the town.
A Growth Chart of Peter Pan Characters
Bryce and I looked and looked at the gift shop but couldn't find anything to suit Charlotte. We ended up picking out an O-range sucker the size of her face and she couldn't have been more delighted. She got the cutest smile on her face and said "That's a really really big o-range sucker!". She licked on this thing for a good thirty minutes, and you can't even tell she's touched it. She might have a really really big o-range sucker for the next year!

FUN!! I'm glad to have a review of the Pemberton Place Peter Pan, we were also thinking of going as a family but good to know it would be a bit much for them. Looks like you made Bryce's birthday very special!
ReplyDeleteOh & I LOVE the lolly pop pictures!