Thursday, December 31, 2009
We are bottle free in the Fulcher house
Our pediatrician suggested getting rid of Charlotte's last bottle between fifteen to eighteen months. Unfortunately, I think it has been harder for me to let it go than for her....I just really love that last feeding when she is so sweet and baby-like again! We started taking away an ounce a day out of her night time bottle until we were down to two, then we switched it to a sippy cup. Christmas day was her last bottle and she was so tuckered out she fell asleep while she was drinking it. I just kept holding her and rocking her so I could look at her beautiful and innocent little face fast asleep. She protested a little bit when we handed her a sippy instead of a bottle but once she realized there was milk in it she was fine. We gave her a few days of milk from a cup and then switched it up on her again....now it is just water. All the books say that you don't want to let the sugars from milk sit on their teeth all night, so water it is. I am actually looking forward to sterilizing all her bottles and putting them away but our next obstacle is to see if she will let Bryce put her to bed instead of me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment