Tuesday, December 15, 2009

15 months old



We have a walker and a talker. Maybe I should make that a runner and a talker. Charlotte is gibber gabbering for most of the day and expects you to respond back to her with the right answer. She is really good at repeating words and she is really good at remembering what something looks like. If I don't hear Charlotte talking I have to go look at what she is doing because silence means she has something she is not supposed to. We are definitely going through more separation anxiety this month. She is attached to me from the moment I walk in the door until I lay her down for bed. She usually won't even let me close the door to go to the bathroom without pitching a fit. If I am standing in the kitchen she is literally trying to climb up my legs. For the most part, Bryce and I take a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach. Charlotte is usually sitting on our counters or in her high chair while we cook/clean and we give her kitchen utensils to play with. She has already made her "first" cookies, pudding, and bread by helping us stir. She prefers "cooking" to "cleaning" (just like her Daddy!), but is always happy to help as long as she gets to participate. She is really into shape sorters this month, as well as taking things out of a container and putting them back in. It amazes me how many times she will do the same thing over and over. I'm really excited for Christmas because we got her a lot of cool new toys! I just went through her toybox last weekend and took out all the "baby" toys to put away. Of course, as soon as I took them out she wanted to play with them again!


1 comment:

  1. she is getting so big. And SMART! I loved the video where she's naming all the foods.

    ReplyDelete