Tuesday, December 22, 2009

15 month check up

Our baby girl is 15 months old. All of my baby books say this is a huge developmental milestone month because she will finally understand that her actions cause a reaction. This is certainly true-for the most part she has been a laughing, dancing, be-bopping toddler but when she gets frustrated or doesn't get her way, watch out!
She is now 23 pounds 6 ounces and a little over 30 inches tall, both around the 50%. She has met all of her developmental milestones by walking, pointing at objects, eating with a fork, pointing to body parts and recalling names. I asked my questions and we thought we were done until the Pediatrician looked in Charlotte's ears and noticed the beginning of another ear infection. It has been less than a month since her last one, so we got a prescription for a different antibiotic that will hopefully help her get rid of everything. We had her ears checked again after the last infection so this is definitely a new one...which worries me because the two infections are so close together. I had tubes put in my ears before my first birthday I had so many ear infections, and I am praying we don't go down that same road with Charlotte. The dr. was comforted by the fact that we made it a whole year before our first infection and said that two in one winter is not that bad. Charlotte had absolutely no reaction at all to the last antibiotic we gave her, but this one has torn her poor stomach up. The diarrhea hit so fast that Bryce had to turn around and come home to change Charlotte's clothes today. I am hoping that some cheese and yogurt will help fix us up in time for Christmas. I don't want my baby to be sick on Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. poor Charlotte. Be prepared for it to also give her terrible diaper rash. I hate and love antibiotics. Also, it might help to know that Ramsey had 3 or 4 ear infections last winter and (knock on wood) none so far this year.

    ReplyDelete