Thank goodness Bryce had to drop off Charlotte this morning, because I'm not sure if I could have done it. When I went to get Charlotte up this morning she was so sweet, just laying her head on my shoulder and curling up to try and sleep some more. It really reminded me of her newborn days and our early morning feedings. Once she was dressed (and Bryce got around her-most of you know that Bryce is LOUD at all times of the day) she seemed to be a little more social but it wasn't until she got her cheerios that she really perked up. Bryce loaded her up for Mrs. D's house and I headed off to school. It was the usual craziness of the first day....helping kids find their rooms/schedules/lockers, getting new kids added to my roll all day long, and trying to come across as the caring teacher who has strict rules. I called Mrs. D during my planning and had to try not to cry when she told me that Charlotte had been really clingy all day. She crawled after her wherever she went and crying to be held all day-which really let me know how unfamiliar everything was to her...Charlotte is all over the place at our house! Charlotte also fought her naps and her bottles this morning but eventually gave up in the afternoon. A good meal and a LONG nap (2 hours) left her a little more cheerful when Bryce picked her up. Of course I smothered her with kisses when we all got home, and I just have to keep telling myself that it won't always be this hard.
Up bright and early (6:00 am!) with cheerios in hand
I felt so bad that she had a rough day, I finally gave in and let
Bryce take us to Bruster's. Charlotte got her very own cone!
She loved it! I think it was the best thing she's ever tasted!
oh my. Hang in there. Hopefully in just a few days she'll get used to the new routine and surroundings. I'll be thinking about you guys in the meantime.
ReplyDelete