Friday, August 14, 2009
The first week back
In a word, the first week back was busy. Bryce and I have both taken on leaderships roles at our schools this year and find ourselves either brimming over with fanatic energy or completely burning out when we return home. It has been a hard week for Charlotte. Between the early mornings, the new routine, and being away from Bryce and I, she has been in for a shock. There were a couple mornings when she was tearful at good-bye but she is always smiling when we pick her back up in the afternoon, thank goodness. Mrs. D is working hard to get all of her kids on the same schedule and I think things will start to feel normal for Charlotte next week. Though I am worried that being home with us this weekend will make things worse on Monday morning. We have such a sweet girl though. Even though she is clearly tired and worn out she does her best to be happy and talkative while she is home with us. I think the hardest part for a Mom is always putting your exhausted child down around 6:30 and knowing that another woman spent more time with her than you did. Thankfully I can realize that my Mom being at work did nothing to diminish my relationship with her, and devote all of the time I have with Charlotte TO Charlotte. No TV, no phone, no internet while she is awake just so we can play and love on her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know exactly what you mean. I guess we have to get through it together, huh? Easton was only back at daycare for one week, and I'm pretty sure he now has a sinus infection...yuck. My mom is spending the night tonight so she can take care of him tomorrow. I hate this. :(
ReplyDeleteHey Beckie, I'm so glad you commented on my blog so that I could look at yours. I had fun catching up on what's been going on with you and your family. Your little girl is adorable. There's a special place in my heart for all your working mom's. I know you and Ashley are having a tough time leaving your little ones to go back to work. I'll pray that the transition starts to go smoother.
ReplyDelete