Not really. In fact, I think it became the most un-happy birthday to date. Bryce and I went to bed on Sunday night thinking that Charlotte was not feeling good but woke up to a baby crying at 2:00 am and warm with a fever of 101.4. Charlotte had a cold all last week but we honestly thought she was getting better. Tylenol and a diaper change calmed her enough to let me rock her to sleep and thankfully we both went back to bed. When I woke Charlotte up at 5:45 to get ready for Mrs. D's house she was burning up, I could literally feel the heat on her skin and through her sleep sack. She had another yucky diaper and a fever of 103 this time and panic mode set in. Neither Bryce nor I was prepared to arrange for a substitute and both of us had leadership responsibilities at school that could not be abandoned at the last minute. Oh, what to do?! I literally woke Bryce's Mom up out of a peaceful slumber with my tearful plea to watch Charlotte long enough for me to go to school and arrange for a sub and make her a doctor's appointment. I don't know how Monica did it, but she actually beat me to our meeting point by about ten minutes and took Charlotte in my car down to her house. My stomach was in knots the whole time I was in school, I was literally so worried I was shaking. Charlotte clearly did not feel good-she wouldn't drink her bottle, her face was red, her eyes were watery, she was incredibly irritable-my poor baby was miserable! When I finally got back to Monica's to pick Charlotte up her fever was up to 104.4 and the Tylenol was not bringing the fever back down. I was an absolute wreck driving her to the pediatrician with a crying and sick baby in the back seat praying that Charlotte would be okay and we would make it there safely. I waited 45 minutes in the Drs office and attempted to fill out paperwork they already had on file on fancy "new" electronic sign in laptops. I ended up just skipping questions I couldn't answer with yes or no, Charlotte was too upset and I was too frustrated to give any depth of thought to anything else!
So, the end result. Charlotte does NOT have an ear infection, sinus infection, or urinary tract infection. I hope that Charlotte will forgive me for that last test, we couldn't get her to pee at the office so I had to bring the kit home for a urine sample. It is amazing what you are willing to do for your child. She most likely picked up a viral infection that wreaked havoc on her intestines and caused her body to fight with the high fever. All of my prayers and every waking minute has been devoted to getting her back to healthy.
Did I mention that today was my birthday?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry your baby is sick. Hope she is doing better.
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing! I'm just now catching up with your posts. What a terrible birthday. :( I'm so sorry. I sure hope Charlotte feels better. I definitely know what that's like. I'll be praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Happy Birthday! Hope it gets better. :)