Monday, August 3, 2009

Where did the time go?


We have SO enjoyed this summer with Charlotte. I know that all the teachers out there plan for Spring babies so they don't have to go back to school right away, but I would not have done anything different (even if I could control it!). This was the perfect time to be home with Charlotte because we got to see so much progress and see so many "firsts" together. Seeing her crawl, stand up on her own, and taking those first steps around the couch with Bryce by my side has been one of the most amazing experiences of parenthood so far. We are already having a hard time remembering what it was like before we had a baby who could crawl...let us just say that our days have been very busy. I have already told Mrs. D that she is not allowed to tell me if she sees Charlotte take her first steps, and in return I had to promise that I would not ask her if it happened so that she wouldn't have to lie to me! Charlotte is such an amazing baby and I feel so blessed that God chose us to be her parents. He could not have created a more perfect baby for us.
Everyone keeps asking if I am ready to go back to work and the truth is, I'm not sure. I've been here before when I had to return from maternity leave but somehow this time feels different. Charlotte doesn't need me as much as she did the first time, but we are so much closer now. She has such a wonderful personality that I think she will adjust really well to daycare life but I am wondering how this time away from her with change her relationship with me. It is much easier to convince myself this time that she will love being able to play all day and watch the other kids but at the same time, I will miss her terribly. It's hard enough on me to go from seeing her all day everyday so I am interested to see how much adjustment will come with our new schedule. More than anything, I am trying to focus on the fact that Bryce and I are so lucky to be able to spend every summer and every holiday with her. There are very few parents who can say that. I'm proud to say that we used our time wisely: took a fabulous vacation, finished a few projects around the house, and spent every second loving life with Charlotte.


Cruising around outside in my new walker (thank you Andrea!)....scraping the toes off my new
shoes 'cause I like to drag my feet.


Hangin' out like a big girl at Laney's party


Beautiful and Sweet.


Helping Dad move into this new classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Beckie, I couldn't agree with you more. Everything you said is exactly how I feel about Easton. Good luck going back. Charlotte's getting more and more beautiful with each picture. :)

    ReplyDelete