Sunday, December 26, 2010

A White Christmas

I've literally been dreaming of a White Christmas all my life. It is a running joke around here that every year I predict THIS is the year we will have a white Christmas...and this year my prediction came true! I knew it would one day! It turns out that a White Christmas in Georgia means a lot of worry and anxiety over icy roads that the State DOT and the drivers can't handle, but we didn't let it dampen our day too much.

We woke up Christmas morning and Santa Claus had already visited. The first thing Charlotte said when she woke up was "Santa be here soon!", and when I told her Santa already came she was over the moon with excitement. She went skidding out to the tree and stopped short she was so shocked at the new presents waiting for her. Santa brought her baby dolls a new white cradle, and she played with that while we fixed breakfast (french toast, yum). After breakfast, it was a marathon present opening session. We now know that we have to allot A LOT more time to present opening. It is unwrapping, opening, and playing before moving on to the next gift now. Charlotte thinks this Christmas thing is pretty cool though, and kept saying "Happy Birthday, Jesus!".


"Look, Santa presents!"


"WOW!"


Santa brought Charlotte a cradle for all her baby dolls. She had to go gather them all and "rock" them.




Penguin Bowling, a fun filled time waster!


I sure do love this girl.


Noah's Ark


"Too Heavy Guys. Guys?! I need help Guys!"


Probably her favorite gift of the morning. I am SHOCKED at the role playing coming out of her mouth when she plays with this!


Another favorite. A "magic toaster". When you push the button back up, jam appears on the toast. Voila!


Mommy and baby pretending to sleep under Mommy's new heavenly blanket.



It started snowing half way to my parents house. It was already sticking by the time we got there!




Ready for round 3 of the present opening.


Charlotte in her "genguin shirt". I asked her if it was snowing on her shirt, she said "No Mommy, those are stars".


Presents from Aunt Jenna. Fueling the Fancy Nancy obsession.


Grandma and Grandpa gave Charlotte the Tag Junior system. Charlotte is in love.


Show me how, Grandpa.


I think she is starting to look more like me.


I made this!!! This actual one!!! It is an apple cake recipe from Trisha Yearwood's cookbook. So so so yummy!


We laid Charlotte down for a nap at my Mom's house, but had to wake her up early. We had to say our good byes and hit the road before it got too icy!


Sleepy baby, happy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment