Sunday, December 5, 2010

O Christmas Tree

I will probably have that song in my head for the next month. I bought Charlotte the Sesame Street Christmas album to listen to while we were decorating and she kept insisting on hearing "O ChristmasTree" by Prairie Dawn over and over again.

How I love to decorate the house for Christmas....and how I dread the clean up that comes before and after!

Charlotte "helping". She kept picking up different parts of the Christmas lights to "hold" for Daddy:








Dancing with the tree skirt on:


After she realized how much fun she was having dressed up but Mommy took away the tree skirt so the tree could have it, she decided she HAD to wear her Minnie Mouse costume from Halloween. So much for the adorable Christmas shirt I bought her.






Suddenly I realized that Charlotte kept going back to the same spot every time, and when I looked she had put every single ornament on the same branch. She had like five ornaments weighing this branch down before I noticed it. It was not pretty when I told her we had to move some of them. And I have about 15 shots of her with the fireplace in the background going back to the same branch.




I finally got the Minnie Mouse costume off long enough to get a picture. This is her "cheese!"





I was feeling a little stressed because we usually get so much more done....but having a little toddler who likes to touch everything was seriously slowing us down. I had to remind myself several times that we have weeks before Christmas, it doesn't matter if everything gets out, as long as we make memories and remember the Christmas spirit while we do it. Even if it's in a Minnie Mouse costume!

These last two pictures make it all worth it, better than any gift that can go under a tree:





The tree is done....we'll see if we get anything else out!

1 comment:

  1. CUTE! I love the minnie dress while decorating - talk about one festive little lady! To this day, Kaiden's favorite way to look at the tree is laying down looking up at it - and it always makes for a classic Christmas picture! Love it!
    Merry Christmas friend & the tree looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete