Thursday, June 3, 2010

A whole new world!

We waited as long as we could to turn around Charlotte's car seat. Our pediatrician really convinced us that backward was safer until she was AT LEAST TWO! I would never have forgiven myself if we were in an accident and something happened to her just because we were selfish and wanted her facing front, so backward she has been for the first twenty months of her life. She got to where she absolutely hated being in the car and would cry every time we went somewhere if it was more than a five minute drive. We have a couple of trips planned for the summer and knew we would have to turn her around so she wouldn't be bored for hours at a time so we made the executive decision to let her face front. Charlotte loves the car now! I made a really big deal out of letting her watch Bryce turn her car seat around, and I kept telling her "only big girls ride in the car like this". She could not wait to get in, and she had the biggest smile on her face. We made the first time a short ride in case she got sick (or scared!) but she was the cutest thing! She kept pointing out the window saying "oh, a car!", or "oh, a bird!". She was showing us everything! I am so glad we waited, because I feel much better about her safety and now she really appreciates her new view! She loves going places now!





2 comments:

  1. That is great. When we first turned Ramsey around he did get carsick several times, in Copes new trucks. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still rear facing too and I'm so hoping she doesn't realize there is any other way for a little bit. Glad Charlotte is happy now!!

    ReplyDelete