Tuesday, June 15, 2010

21 months



So we are three months away from 2 years old, and light years away from 1 year old. People ask me every day "how old is she", and I always say almost two because no one wants to do math in their head to count the months but she is so far ahead of a year and a half. People are also amazed at how well she talks and how much she knows. She is speaking in sentences now. Her two favorite sentences are "I don't like it" and "I did it!" (or variations of I got it, I made it, etc.). She repeats EVERYTHING. If I say "Say good-bye Charlotte" she says "Say good-bye Charlotte". She repeats conversations that Bryce and I are having, she repeats everything I tell her to do, and she repeats whatever people say to her. She also talks to Lola, Baxter, and her stuffed animals. She loves to treat the dogs like they are baby dolls and give them a pillow and blanket, or feed them pretend food. They are surprisingly obliging. She really likes to have a hand in picking out her clothes and loves doing anything that seems adult. Like brushing her teeth or hair, sitting on the potty, or trying to put on her own shoes. She has used the potty a few times but we are far away from potty training still. She really just likes to put TP in there and watch it flush! She is obsessed with popsicles, yogurt, and sweet tea. You cannot even mention those things around her without "please, please, please" 50 times until you tell her no (and she breaks down screaming) or yes (and she literally jumps for joy, YAY!). Speaking of which, she also loves to jump on the ground, off of something, on your legs....and she LOVES to dance. This kid has got rhythm too. Favorite artists are P!nk, Jack Johnson, and Beyonce. Favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sesame Street, and Clifford. Favorite books are Russell the Sheep, Is Your Mama a LLama, and Curious George. She loves any and all fruit, hates any and all vegetables and sometimes will eat meat but sometimes won't. Any you've never seen a sweet potato devoured like this girl can.
Whew! And now for pictures of the 21 month old:






No comments:

Post a Comment