Six years ago today, we were preparing for our own wedding at a Rehearsal Dinner. We were eating amazing food and watching a slide show of our lives surrounded by people who loved us....we were at another Rehearsal Dinner tonight for a wedding that Bryce is in tomorrow. As I was sanitizing the changing station at the restaurant and changing Charlotte's poopy diaper I couldn't help thinking "oh my, how things have changed!".
I felt so mature at our rehearsal dinner and on our wedding day. We both had college degrees, we had bought a house, we were about to embark on our honeymoon to another country all by ourselves. But it feels like we were so young now! I had no idea how much growing up we would do together in the next six years. During our pre-marital counseling sessions our Preacher tried to warn us that life would change us and our marriage in many ways over a lifetime but we really had no idea what he was talking about. I'm sure we looked so young and innocent to him, and we were. But there is one thing I will say about our marriage. It is strong. We have grown up together, and in doing so we have also grown closer together. We have traveled together to add to our experiences. We have battled desperately for a baby together. We have grown our family together. We are strong together. We may not have known what was in store for us six years ago, but we did know this-we are better together.
There is no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard And no song that I could sing, but I can try for your heart and this is Our dreams and they are made out of real things Like a shoe box of photographs with sepia-toned loving Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart, like Why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving I'll tell you one thing, it's so much better when we're together
~Jack Johnson

No comments:
Post a Comment