
We headed off to Blue Ridge with my roommate from college and her family. They have a son around Charlotte's age and those two loved each other! They got along so well and it was so nice for her to have someone to play with while we enjoyed adult time. Blue Ridge is absolutely beautiful and I love the little town!

We got there a little early and decided to check out "down town". Charlotte picked up this SO CUTE headband and I was so happy she would wear it!

Even though we were in the mountains, it was still SUPER hot!

Charlotte and Nathan still feeling each other out for the time being, but they would become fast friends!

I just so happened to find this baby pool in our garage from last summer, so I brought it with us and it was a HUGE hit! The kiddos jumped in and out and the parents got to sit on the deck, drink a cold one, and relax!


We also decided to check out Mercier Orchards to see if we could pick some fresh fruits. We got up and got going early so it wouldn't be too hot, and set out to see what we could pick only to find that they close the orchards during the week in the summer time. Boo. But we did get to shop in their HUGE store and buy their fried pies. Seriously, the best fried pie I have ever eaten. Ever. I am still dreaming about them....We also convinced the friendly service desk to let us at least go look at the Apple Trees, and the kids seemed pretty content with that.

She's saying "Apple Tree!"

She also got to sit on a tractor in the store

We bought her a little black bear in the store and she is still carrying that thing around....even to bed with her!

After the Orchard and naps for everyone, we headed back out for dinner. The kids were so good even though we waited forever for our food! It looks like they are sharing a little secret here!

She looks like such a big kid in this picture!

Off to buy ice cream....but all the ice cream stores were closed. We had to buy them a pint from Food Lion!

Our time came to and end much too quickly. I was so impressed with how well Charlotte adapted. Both of the kids were excellent the whole time!
Saying our good-byes to Blue Ridge:


Thank you guys so much for taking this trip with us! You made it exciting and much more fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment