Friday, May 29, 2009

New foods, New Swing, New Milestone



My Mom came up and helped make Charlotte some new baby foods. It is so easy to buy the jar from the store but our options are kind of limited. Plus, whenever we make our own food we can just chop some of it into finger food so Charlotte can practice feeding herself with new textures too. My Mom made apples, carrots, green beans, and peas like last time, but we added apricot, mango, zucchini, and spinach to the mix as well. I also bought Charlotte some YoBaby Yogurt and she is LOVING it mixed in with her oatmeal. I must have stood in Kroger for at least five minutes reading all of the labels on the yogurt containers before an employee came up and suggested the YoBaby in the natural foods section. I have never stopped to look at all the aspartame, artificial flavors, and "low fat" versions in yogurt before!

While my Mom and I were cooking Bryce and my Dad hung Charlotte's new swing. After Charlotte got to try one at a friend's house we had to have one of our own! Charlotte didn't really like it on the first try, but we went back out there and gave it another go the next day and she never wanted to get out. It is a great way for us to spend some time outside in the shade.



Last but not least, Charlotte Lee learned a new milestone yesterday! Bryce and I bought her the coolest toy and sat Charlotte down to play with it. She literally grabbed the top of it and pulled herself up to standing. She got a little scared at first but now she is a daredevil and keeps trying to pull on whatever seems available. Needless to say, we have had child-proofing on our minds...we covered the fireplace and plugged up all the outlets. Hopefully I have a little while longer before I have to take things off the shelves!

4 comments:

  1. That is very cool you are making her food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callie got the go ahead for solids yesterday so I'm going to try and start making my own baby food in the next few days. I may be e-mailing you if I have a question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Think your mom wants to adopt my boys as her extended family grandsons and come help me make food in a few months?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Beckie! I'm impressed with your baby food making abilities! :)

    ReplyDelete