We have an active eight month old. The last month didn't bring as many changes as from the sixth month to the seventh, but Charlotte is definitely becoming her own person. All of her growth this month seems to be intellectual. She is learning how to mimic something that we do, like wave or pat her leg. She will listen so intently when we read her a book and she looks at the page when I point to it rather than just try to grab it and put it in her mouth. She is recognizing different words now too and turns toward that person when she hears her name in conversation. If I ask her "Where's Daddy" she will usually look towards the door he left the room from. Her meals have drastically grown in the last month too. She is eating oatmeal twice a day (we completely gave up on the rice cereal), fruit for breakfast, fruit and vegetable for lunch, and a different fruit and vegetable for dinner. She also eats a finger food of some type with dinner too, either a yogurt melt, chicken, potato, or banana. She is doing awesome with eating, she is like a little bird with her mouth open for more! I am still nursing Charlotte but only her first and last feeding ( NO MORE PUMPING, YAY!!). I finally put all of her clothes that are too small in a big tub up in our attic and it was very bittersweet. Every month has gotten better and better but she will never be that little baby wrapped up in my arms again. And some of those clothes she only got to wear once! Charlotte is so full of smiles, giggles, hugs, and kisses....the next month will be just as wonderful.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Portrait of an eight month old
We have an active eight month old. The last month didn't bring as many changes as from the sixth month to the seventh, but Charlotte is definitely becoming her own person. All of her growth this month seems to be intellectual. She is learning how to mimic something that we do, like wave or pat her leg. She will listen so intently when we read her a book and she looks at the page when I point to it rather than just try to grab it and put it in her mouth. She is recognizing different words now too and turns toward that person when she hears her name in conversation. If I ask her "Where's Daddy" she will usually look towards the door he left the room from. Her meals have drastically grown in the last month too. She is eating oatmeal twice a day (we completely gave up on the rice cereal), fruit for breakfast, fruit and vegetable for lunch, and a different fruit and vegetable for dinner. She also eats a finger food of some type with dinner too, either a yogurt melt, chicken, potato, or banana. She is doing awesome with eating, she is like a little bird with her mouth open for more! I am still nursing Charlotte but only her first and last feeding ( NO MORE PUMPING, YAY!!). I finally put all of her clothes that are too small in a big tub up in our attic and it was very bittersweet. Every month has gotten better and better but she will never be that little baby wrapped up in my arms again. And some of those clothes she only got to wear once! Charlotte is so full of smiles, giggles, hugs, and kisses....the next month will be just as wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love that you do this each month! It will be so much fun to look back on next week when she has turned 18! Seriously! Time is flying faster than we can even realize! I wish I had documented more of my babies each month!
ReplyDeleteyeah! I am glad she is doing so well. I love the picks of her little chunky baby legs in those shorts. So cute!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDelete