We didn't even make it to midnight last night before the Swaddle was back on. I think I've convinced myself to wait until Spring Break to really crack down on sleeping without a swaddle and sleeping through the night (gulp!). Any suggestions for how to ease her out of the swaddle?
We transitioned out of the swaddle using a carter's long sleeve sleep sack. The first night or two there was a few more repositioning wake-ups, but I also began letting him cry-it-out a little at this time too. Good Luck! Spring break sounds like a great goal!!
ReplyDeleteyep, I rolled up huge towels (2-3 on each side) for Rasmey to nestle between. Once he was old enough to unroll them i stopped using them but it did make for a nicer trasition and it is free.
ReplyDeleteCallie grew out of the swaddle blankets a while ago and I think it is one of the reasons she has a hard time sleeping but I second the carter's long sleeve sleep sack. That is what I'm using now and it seems to work a little. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI just waited until Luke himself was ready to lose the swaddle. He started "breaking out" on his own around 4-5 months. I'd go to him in his crib to find both his arms up above the velcro swaddle. I took that as a sign. From what I've read, there's no harm in swaddling (at naps/night) for as long as you or the baby allows.
ReplyDeleteThe first couple of nights without the swaddle were kinda restless for him, if I remember correctly. We began using the fleece sleep sacs and still do.