Our sweet Charlotte has been in our arms for half of a year now. I simply cannot believe how much time has gone by. We are truly so blessed with such a sweet and beautiful child. Our lives are so full of love with Charlotte in them. I've wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. I can remember two occasions where I begged for a certain baby doll and proceeded to care for them day and night as if they were real. I also used to try and feed our dogs with baby bottles full of water! When Bryce and I got married it took a little while for the baby bug to bite me, mainly because we were so busy trying to build a home and life suitable for a family. Ever since we got pregnant though I have known there is nothing I would rather be than Charlotte's mother. My faith in God has doubled, maybe even tripled, simply because I see firsthand his beautiful work every day. There is no doubt in my mind that God created Charlotte for Bryce and I. She is the perfect baby for us, and we are the perfect parents for her. I absolutely adore watching Bryce with Charlotte, nothing is better than watching the two things you love more than anything else in the world make each other so happy. The past six months have been the happiest of my life.
Charlotte had a full day of celebrating! When we woke up she got a new toy that Bryce picked out for her (with a six month old rating on the box!). With her evening feeding she got to eat some Squash. She definitely liked it better than the rice cereal, but she didn't gobble it down like I thought she would. She had to think about every bite before she would swallow it. We finished out the day watching Baby Einstein, First Signs (also a six month old rating!). She sat in awe staring at the screen throughout the whole video. She is currently spending her first night out of her swaddle (she is just too big for it now, every time she woke up last night she was uncovered) we'll see how many times her arms flailing wake her up tonight.
I can't wait to see all the exciting changes the next six months will bring.....

Happy 1/2 birthday Charlotte. She is a doll.
ReplyDelete