Mrs. D is the in-home daycare provider that has agreed to watch Charlotte for us. Today was the first day for Charlotte to experience life with Mrs. D. It was a total change of pace for everyone....Bryce is in charge of dropping Charlotte off and picking her up from Mrs. D's, there is lots more noise, more lights, and more children than Charlotte is used to, and I got an extra thirty minutes of sleep. Mrs. D said that Charlotte was absolutely wonderful and that she laughed and "talked" to everyone all day. Other than fussing a little when she was hungry or tired, Mrs. D said she pretty much stayed on her schedule and took her regular naps. She did miss her long nap this morning because she usually falls asleep in the car on our ride to Bryce's mom's house and stays asleep until about 9:00 but today she stayed awake during that time. Charlotte came home and took two naps to make up for it, but I would rather have a happy baby all day and a sleep baby at night than a fussy baby all day so it all worked out just fine. Mrs. D said what a sweet baby Charlotte is, which really made me feel good. Of course, in my heart I thought Charlotte was a sweet baby but it is nice to have it confirmed from someone other than family!

My friend Erica said something very profound to me, and I hope it is something I can keep in mind as Charlotte continues to grow. She told me that my entire job of being a mother is to grow my children so that I may slowly, incrementally let go. Returning to work was one step towards that goal, after my tears this morning I think I've moved another inch. I was not worried about the care Charlotte would receive, it simply made me sad to think that another life changing event was occurring in Charlotte's short little life.
Here's our happy girl!
We didn't have anything with Charlotte's name on it, so I really fell in love with these bibs. They are really thick so they don't leak through onto her clothes, and just so darn cute! (plus machine washable!). I ordered them from my friend
Tara, along with some burp cloths to match. As Raigan would say "Charlotte looks fancy"!
Thanks for the shout out. Also, you are very brave and a wonderful mommy. She seems so happy and I'm sure it is becasaue she is so content and feels so loved.
ReplyDelete