The holidays are so much more fun with a child in your arms! Charlotte is absolutely exhausted (I think Bryce and I are too), but she has been so sweet over the last two days. Bryce and I spent Christmas day with his family last year, so it was their turn for Christmas Eve this year. Charlotte got her first piggy bank (from Uncle Charlie), and her first baby doll, along with lots of clothes and bows. She will be able to wear the bows one day, but she has a beautiful bow holder to put them on for now while her hair grows! My parents, Jenna, and Stephen were kind enough to come to our house for Christmas this year. Charlotte is still in a pretty delicate place in her life and really handles stimulating situations best in her own home. She was able to eat and nap in her own room, and I think that was helpful to all of us! Mom and Dad got Charlotte a pretty cool Baby Einstein Discovery center, I can't wait for Charlotte to grow tall enough to use it. I know she will love it! Bryce and I were the practical parents that bought Charlotte a bookcase and a jewelry box for her first Christmas. Santa brought her some new books and foam puzzles to play with in the coming months.
Amidst all the chaos that holidays can bring I really have tried to take a moment here and there to sit back and think about the reason we celebrate Christmas. I know that I will need to explain the story of Christmas to Charlotte soon, and I know that we will need to teach her that there is more than just presents to focus on. Back in middle school a little church bus came to pick up me and my sister for Vacation Bible School, little did I know that bus was taking me to learn about salvation. I was saved that week, and I have held steadfast to my faith ever since then. My hope for Christmas in the future is that I can teach Charlotte how wonderful it is to know and love Jesus and that spending time with loved ones is the best gift of all. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Christmas Eve outfit complete with Santa Skirt
Daddy got a new grill! (notice the outfit change, we had an overflowing diaper!)
Grandma Fulcher
Happy Baby!
I LOVE her pajamas, she looked like such a big girl!
First Christmas Morning!
Jewelry box from Bryce and I, Baxter is checking himself out!
Bookcase from Bryce and I, the bottom shelf is a toy box.
Something for the puppy dogs!
Charlotte decided to wear my new ear muffs
Charlotte in her new discovery center
Charlotte's bookcase filled with all her new stuff

No comments:
Post a Comment