Thursday, December 11, 2008
Back to work
I have to go back to work tomorrow. I really, really wish that I could stay home until the end of the semester, but my sixty days are up. I feel very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to stay home with Charlotte for this long, I know we will miss the money I could have made but it was worth every cent. Taking care of Charlotte has been the hardest job I have ever had, but also the most rewarding. Becoming a mother is the biggest transformation a woman undergoes, I suppose it happens overnight but getting used to that transformation takes a lot longer than six weeks. My anxiety level is very high right now, just trying to plan out how many bottles to leave, when I will find time to pump, how I will ever get to my school my 6:45 am, and how little sleep I am about to endure. Please say a prayer for me as I join the league of working mothers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You can do it, Beckie! I know how hard today is for you. While you never miss your baby any less when you leave them with someone else, it does get a little easier as time goes on. It's not easy the lot of working mothers, I really do feel like we can appreciate the time we do get to spend with our babies. Use your time away from Charlotte to recharge. You're in my prayers this morning! Take care.
ReplyDeleteLindsey