Saturday, December 20, 2008
I have survived
I survived a week of work. I literally had a laundry basket full of papers that needed to be graded when I returned, and only three days to prepare for final exams, but I have survived. My students must have really missed me because they remained fairly well behaved the whole week, which is no small feat for high schoolers before an extended break. I was also flattered by the number of teachers who stopped by to say they were so glad I'm back because they know that everything will get taken care of again. Charlotte has been so tired at the end of the day that she usually just comes home and sleeps. I guess I should be happy that she is sleeping, but I really miss interacting with her. She loves to "talk" right now, and her little smile is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I think I might be going through withdrawal! My friend Katie, the biologist, and I were talking about the hormones that babies release in their mothers, and since I am not around Charlotte as much any more maybe it is possible that my body was literally going through withdrawal. I was utterly exhausted after work yesterday with a pounding headache but I was so darn excited to get to spend the next two weeks at home with Charlotte again. Having a little one around makes the holidays so much more fun and I cannot wait for Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad you made it through the first week. I know it must have been so hard on you.
ReplyDelete