Our trip to Scottish Rite was not as scary as I thought it would be. I pray that we will never have to go there in an emergency, but it was good for us to see the layout of the hospital and learn where to park, etc. The staff there was incredibly sweet. Charlotte only fussed for a little bit during the exam, she stayed asleep for the most part.
I heard back from our Pediatrician this morning, Charlotte does NOT have a dislocated hip, but she does have an "immature socket". The dr. said to imagine a cup that should have a stick that hits the bottom of the cup, right now Charlotte's bone (the stick) is only halfway in the socket (the cup). If it was dislocated, the stick would be completely out of the cup. She said there is no "treatment", only to pray that she will continue to grow and we will have another ultrasound done in five weeks. She also assured me that Charlotte is not in any pain. If the socket and hip bone are still not right on the next ultrasound, she will refer us to an orthopedic surgeon. I really have faith that everything will be ok, it is just scary. After all we went through with Baxter this past summer, I can only imagine how stressful and heart wrenching this will be if we go through the same thing with Charlotte.
Thank you to everyone who remembered her appointment and called, and thank you for all your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment