Tuesday, October 7, 2008

10 things we could not live without:







Ok, maybe the title should have been "things that make life easier", but I'm telling you these things have been life savers!

1. Information learned in "The Happiest Baby on the Block" (we rented the DVD from Blockbuster). Basically, it teaches the principle that newborn babies miss the comforts of the womb, and recreating that gives them security.
  • Receiving blankets for swaddling. Swaddling keeps the baby nice and tightly wrapped, just like they were for the last 40 (or so) weeks.
  • White noise to play at night. Newborns are used to hearing their mothers heartbeat and noises from outside, so white noise is soothing to them. We downloaded some from itunes!
2. Our Uppababy vista stroller. I pitched a fit when Bryce told me he wanted this stroller, and after all the research he did I should have just listened to him. I am so glad I gave in, even though it was expensive it truly is the most used item we have. It came with a bassinet attachment that Charlotte has been sleeping in, and it is so easy to fold up for travel.

3. Nightlights. Lots of them. This is actually an item that we had to go out and buy after she got here. I never thought about getting up in the middle of the night and not being able to see where I was going!

4. Rockabye Baby. Another itunes buy, Rockabye baby is music from popular artists that has been turned into lullaby sounds. Charlotte loves listening to it, and I enjoy it because it's an artist I would listen to anyway. So far, we have: ColdPlay, U2, and the Beatles.

5. The Boppy- it goes everywhere and can be used for lots of things. A wonderful invention!

6. Aquaphor- it is this amazing cure-all lotion. Charlotte gets such dry skin, and this stuff clears it up immediately.

7. Our baby bath. Little babies are really slippery when wet, and Charlotte really enjoys bath time with such a luxe item supporting her! (I'd also like to add hooded towels here!)

8. Pampers Swaddlers: Believe the commercials people! It is worth the extra money, the off brand are terrible!

9. Water proof protection. In whatever form you can find it. We cut up a mattress pad to lay on her changing table. All babies either pee at unexpected times or spit up at unexpected times, these save the day!

10. Of course, my chair. It has made ALL the difference when it comes to feeding time, soothing time, and sleepy time. That chair has magical qualities for both Charlotte and I, and every night I am so thankful I have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment