We decided to do Emily's party the weekend before her birthday because Bryce's birthday is the weekend after. My Mom bought Emily her own personalized chair from Pottery Barn and Emily was super excited (especially after coveting Charlotte's ever since she was mobile):
Pinterest has so many wonderful ideas that I usually have to bring myself back to reality before things get out of hand (ok, I usually just run out of time). I wanted Emily to have something special to remember the people who came to her first party so I ordered her some Mad Libs off of Etsy. They ended up being one of my favorite things. Some of the answers were so sweet they made me cry!
I MADE EMILY'S WREATH. I made her high chair tutu too, but I am SO proud of that wreath. It was time consuming, but it turned out even better than I thought it would. I almost wanted to put a sign on it saying "Made by Beckie!"
Finding a purple, long sleeve dress is no easy task but once I did it was the perfect color for her. She looked adorable.
Grandma Monica made Emily's cakes. They were beautiful, and delicious, and Emily LOVED it.
And then comes the Happy Birthday Song. It gets me every time (Ok, only twice, but still). Everyone surrounds your beautiful child with so much love and this fast forward of memories from the last twelve months just flood your mind. All of a sudden you realize it's gone, it's over. She's not a baby any more. How is it possible that ONE WHOLE YEAR has passed since we welcomed her into our arms?
We are so thankful to all the friends and family that came to help celebrate Emily's first birthday. I could literally feel the love in the room. It was a beautiful day.
And here we are. Eight years after we said I do, we have our two perfect girls, our complete little family, and so many blessings to say thank you for every single day.

No comments:
Post a Comment