Friday, February 10, 2012

Weight Check

I braved it alone and came out victorious! It is amazing how even the smallest tasks can become cumbersome burdens when you have a newborn! I took Emily to the pediatrician for her first weight check and felt euphoric when I walked out that doctor's door. I remember taking Charlotte to the pediatrician for the first time and I was so panicked about how to get myself AND her ready that I had to call in back up (AKA my mom). Even with Mom in tow, I think I showed up with my hair wet and sweatpants on. I have a vivid memory of sitting in that waiting room furiously rocking a screaming Charlotte thinking "What are we waiting for people?! Can't you hear this kid screaming?! We should be next!". By the time I left the office with Charlotte I was sweating, leaking milk, and ready to cry. I am proud to say that the second time around is much more peaceful. I went ahead and pumped before we left, I was able to get up in enough time to take a shower AND dry my hair, and I even put on jeans (maternity jeans, but still...). When we got there I calmly filled out all the paperwork one handed and when Emily cried I calmly fed her a bottle and thought to myself "So what, babies cry. It's not like they've never heard a crying baby in here". Emily passed all of her bloodwork tests from the hospital and is right on track growthwise. At 10 days old, she is already past her birth weight (she went from 8lbs 8 oz to 8 lbs 11 oz). No surprise there, I knew this girl likes to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment