Literally one morning she just woke up and was the sweetest little girl again. As soon as she saw me that morning she ran and gave me a hug and was a huge helper with the baby for the rest of the day. It's like she just had a moment where she realized this is our new normal and had to figure out where she fit into it. She LOVES the baby now. She wants to kiss her head and her feet any time possible, and she is the cutest thing when she talks to Emily. She has this sing song voice and it is so funny to hear her say what I say to the baby. Both girls have grown so much in the last month in their own ways. Charlotte is turning out to be an AMAZING big sister.

This picture pretty much sums up life with two. Constantly multitasking. Constantly entertaining. Trying to show some love to the baby while not making the big kid feel left out. Whew, it can be exhausting!

Charlotte is holding up a mirror so baby can see herself.

Charlotte is coloring her valentine's while Emily "watches" her and doses.

I was trying to take a picture of the baby in our big green chair and Charlotte jumped in. I used to have to BEG her to pose for a picture!

Great big sister in action! Charlotte is reading Emily's valentine card to her!
This picture pretty much sums up life with two. Constantly multitasking. Constantly entertaining. Trying to show some love to the baby while not making the big kid feel left out. Whew, it can be exhausting!
Charlotte is holding up a mirror so baby can see herself.
Charlotte is coloring her valentine's while Emily "watches" her and doses.
I was trying to take a picture of the baby in our big green chair and Charlotte jumped in. I used to have to BEG her to pose for a picture!
Great big sister in action! Charlotte is reading Emily's valentine card to her!

Callie was the exact same way even at 19 months old. She didn't want me at all at first. Even after 1.5 years we have days where Callie is a helper and days where she is still jealous. Hopefully Charlotte will adjust faster than Callie :) And the only way I could take a picture of just Connor was to crop Callie out of it :) Lol-having two is an adventure.
ReplyDeleteOh, this breaks my heart to read. I sure hope Easton doesn't act this way with his sister, but I'm sure he will. Was Charlotte excited about meeting her new sister, or was she weary? Easton doesn't show any signs of jealousy (yet), so I'm wondering when that kicks in. Yikes. You're doing a great job!
ReplyDelete