Saturday, January 29, 2011

Conversations with Charlotte

Me: "Charlotte, what do you want to drink"
C: "Gator Juice"
Me: "I don't know what that is". "What color is Gator Juice?"
C: "Orange. Yellow. Green."
Me: "Ok, well.....who drinks Gator Juice?"
C: "Daddy"
Me: "Ok, show me where it is"
-----we both go to the fridge and open the door
C: "See, Mommy, Gator Juice".....as she points to the bottle of GATORade in the fridge. Duh!
__________________________________________________________________

Me: "Charlotte, don't put your fingernails in that balloon, it will pop"
C: "Oh, that right mommy, it's fragile"
Me: "Wow, where did you learn the word fragile?!"
C: "You know, Mommy, like a birdies egg"
-----me standing dumbfounded at how brilliant my kid is. I still have no idea where she learned the word fragile

__________________________________________________________________

Me: "Charlotte, where are your shoes?"
C: "I can't know Mommy"
Me: "You can't know, or you don't know?"
C: "I CAN'T know Mommy, you had them"

_________________________________________________________________

C: "Mommy, you a girl?"
Me: "Yes, Charlotte, I'm a girl"
C: "And I a girl?"
Me: "Yes, you're a girl too"
C: "Mommy your favorite color green?"
Me: "Yes"
C: "And my favorite color o-range?"
Me: "Yup"
C: "Mommy loves Charlotte?"
Me: "Yes, Charlotte, I love you with all my heart"
C: "Me a girl, mommy a girl, me like orange, mommy like green, mommy loves me, me loves mommy"

It was like she had to remind herself one more time to keep it all straight. Geez I love that kid!

2 comments:

  1. How adorable! Callie often shocks me with the things that come out of her mouth and the things that she remembers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's AMAZING!!! Kids are great!!!

    ReplyDelete