Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Duck Calling



This class that I agreed to teach is exhausting. It is one thing to be up in front of students all day, it is an entirely different beast to be up in front of teachers ALL day...you know the adults that actually pay attention in class! I would miss the time with Charlotte so much during the day that I would ignore the urge to come home and crash on the couch and take her somewhere special instead. I gathered up all the bread I could find and we headed out to the big lake to feed the ducks. We actually had to walk around awhile to find some and we unloaded a grocery bag full of bread on like 6 ducks. As soon as our bag was empty, they swam away and Charlotte quacked at them and stayed to play on the pier. About five minutes later a swarm of ducks and geese landed in, too many to even count. The other ducks must have tipped them off but it was too late because we had already given all the food away.


6 very full little duckies

one beautiful little girl

she has learned to jump with two feet, and practices all the time

how did I get so lucky?!





Seriously, this is just the start of the gaggle that came begging.

No comments:

Post a Comment