Sunday, September 20, 2009

Party Time!




We threw our first birthday party. I am a planner and an organizer and this definitely tested my every skill. I have lots and lots of experience with children's birthday parties, so I have been taking notes for awhile now. I had a vision in my head of how I wanted things to be and I think it was pretty well executed. More than anything, I wanted Charlotte to be able to look back one day and realize that this was a celebration of her life. She means so much to us that she deserves the best party we can give her!


We had such a cool surprise when we woke up that morning. Mrs. D had our lawn decorated to welcome everyone to Charlotte's party!


It felt like Christmas when Bryce yelled out to me, "Hey Babe, I think you should look out the front door!".


Charlotte just kept looking and looking, she thought our new yard was very cool!


The paparazzi were out in full force! Charlotte getting her picture taken.


Can you believe we've had her for a year?!


I looked everywhere for her dress!


Her cake looked just like her invitation.


The happy birthday sign in the window was my favorite thing!


Charlotte finally warmed up a bit to everyone and started playing.


Charlotte did so good during present time!


She even helped a little bit!


I actually did get a little teary eyed listening to everyone sing happy birthday. I could literally feel the love in the room!


Outfit change for cake time was a must!

Charlotte had such a good day! Thank you so much to everyone who came and helped make this day special!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had such a good day. Love the pictures. I can't wait to make Callie's cake and watch her dig in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,
    Everything was beautiful. I love the cake and it looks like you guys had a great time. Charlotte is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the party! I'm already stressing about Easton's! Where did you guys get the banner?

    ReplyDelete