Bryce's Birthday Part III
Coming from the man who once told me "Beckie, a birthday is just another day", Bryce sure did get to stretch this birthday out. Having a child means you have to make multiple plans to divide events up into mini-sessions because a baby will never make it through one whole day full of activity without a meltdown. Charlotte was so much fun this weekend, she handled every bit of Bryce's birthday celebrations with a smile and we even got to catch up on some rest! Our families both came up this weekend to help Bryce celebrate his birthday some more. It was nice getting to see so many people love on Charlotte. Baxter and Lola loved all of the extra attention too!
Bryce's favorite....German Chocolate
Grandma Mickie and Grandpa Dave
Charlie
My Mom could not wait to feed Charlotte! Charlotte ate every bite!
We also ventured to the park with Charlotte AND the dogs. I was a little bit nervous when we started off on our two mile journey...it's a long way back with a screaming baby or a dog that doesn't want to walk any more but everyone enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine (although it scares me a bit that it is only February and it was warm enough for shorts and open windows). Charlotte even took a nap on our walk! Baxter and Lola have been asleep on our couch all evening, I don't think they've seen this much action since this summer. We had to take some time off when Baxter hurt his leg, and then Charlotte was born and the weather turned cold, so needless to say both dogs are worn out.
We definitely have a car load now!
Everyone that passed by said "AWWW...that doggy hurt his leg!"
Bryce INSISTED that we were using Charlotte's "big girl seat" that
attaches to the UPPAbaby stroller.
As we were walking and people kept passing us, it dawned on me....we take up a whole lane now!
Bryce bought Charlotte a "Johnny Jumper" this weekend too, Charlotte looks like she is being swallowed by it, but she totally enjoyed the new found freedom of being able to move in circles and feel her feet on the floor. All of the other standing toys she has are still too tall for her, but this one adjusts enough for her to rock back and forth. Her laugh was absolutely infectious when she tried it out!
Charlotte trying to figure this thing out...check out the video below!
Having a baby in our home has been the best experience of my life. Sometimes I hear Charlotte making noises while I'm doing dishes or folding laundry and I literally stop so I can hear her better or go play with her. Other times I look at her perfect face and my mind is filled thinking "God she is so BEAUTIFUL". There are so many moments in my day now where I am filled with God's grace, and I close my eyes to thank him for such a precious gift. I have never seen Bryce happier, I have never felt closer to Bryce, and I have never looked forward to tomorrow as much as I do now!

oh my gosh...i cracked up everytime charlotte did... haha that was so stinkin cute!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh... i cracked up everytime charlotte did... haha so stinkin cute!!
ReplyDelete