Saturday, February 21, 2009

Up and running....

The computer that is. We've been on hiatus because our computer stopped working and needed a system restore. I learned two very important lessons from living without a computer for a week, one is that I really love blogging. I've missed it! Second, we have got to back up all of our files. Just the thought of losing all of our pictures was enough to make me a believer! Our wedding pictures, moving in pictures, vacation pictures, and all of Charlotte's pictures are on this computer. We will definitely be copying CDs tomorrow.

We had a relatively busy week considering we haven't been distracted by the internet, parent conference time at school mixed in with errands we didn't get to last weekend made for a full schedule. I was sick last week, so Bryce and I have officially had our first real taste of parenthood....this job never ends! It doesn't matter how tired you are or how sick you feel, your role as parent and caregiver is 24/7. As a public service announcement for all the other teachers out there, if you are a parent please remember that just because your child reaches high school doesn't suddenly make them responsible. They still need you! Maybe not as much as a middle schooler, but waiting until February to step in and ask to meet with the teachers is too late! I love how every single year right around this time we get inundated with parents suddenly trying to step in. It never ceases to amaze me that parents truly believe their child when they say they have NO grades to show their progress and then the parents are shocked to see failing grades at the end of the semester.

Charlotte has been such a lovely baby this week. Life with a five month old has been infinitely better than life with a newborn. She is such a happy baby, I absolutely look forward to hearing her little laugh every single day. She truly has a smile that melts your heart!

Here are some pictures of Charlotte as a five month old. I'm not sure if it is possible, but I think she is getting even more beautiful!


The most beautiful baby I have ever seen.


Charlotte recently found her feet...it has been a new
obsession and very portable play toy.


She's still feeling out the whole feeding thing,
but one thing is for sure, she likes to be in control!




This one was taken on February 15, her five month birthday!

1 comment:

  1. She is growing up TOO FAST! I am glad to know it is not just my babies that grow fast! I love those sweet cheeks! I can't wait to see her again!!!

    ReplyDelete