The very first bite!
Charlotte ate her first bowl of cereal like a champ! I have had two pediatricians reassure me that there are virtually no cases of allergies stemming from or being caused by RICE cereal, and the AAP recommends that children who are exclusively breastfed start a rice cereal after four months to increase their iron intake and calories as they are becoming more active. Charlotte looked at us with her little scrunched up nose for the first couple of "bites" but by the end of the bowl she was trying to grab the spoon and guide it to her mouth. She was working on opening her mouth wide and swallowing towards the end of the feeding, but I was so impressed with how quickly she caught on! I thought for sure that all of the cereal would be wasted on her chin or spit out, but I would say that she ate most of it. Tonight will be our first test to see if the extra calories help her sleep any longer, but at any rate she seemed to learn this new skill very well. I also have to admit that I didn't really know what all the fuss with this feeding thing is about, it seemed like there was a line forming at our door of people who want to feed Charlotte "real" food. She was so darn cute while she was eating though, I'm not sure who will enjoy her feeding time more....Bryce and I or Charlotte!

No comments:
Post a Comment