Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Fall Ya'll!







I had been a fan of blogs for a long time before I decided it was time to create one for our family. When I learned about a website, www.blurb.com, that allows you to make a book out of your blog, I knew this would be an easy way for me to chronicle the progression of our family, and especially Charlotte's impact on our world. I know we will enjoy looking back at the everyday occurrences when we ask ourselves how everyone grew up so fast! Plus, I hope this will help me remember what to do for the next kid.....

The fall time change has been tough to overcome. It seems as if I should just be able to convince Charlotte to sleep an hour longer since she can't really tell time, but she still wakes up and wants to be put to bed at the same "time" as usual. We are trying to work her in fifteen minute increments back to normal but she does not like our plan very much. The good news is, she has been sleeping longer at night, last night she woke up at 3:00 am and again at 7:00am so she is stretching out her feedings a bit. This makes me happy because I LOVE SLEEP!!

Bryce's parents came over last week to watch Charlotte so we could go stand in line and vote. I know that it was important for us to be a part of this election, especially since we are both Social Studies teachers and practically preach the importance of democracy and historical events that make these elections possible. Even though I know many people have fought long and hard for the right to vote, it was hard to keep that in mind and not complain during our THREE HOUR wait. It was the first time leaving Charlotte home with someone else too, but I think I did well. (I only called once!). Of course, Bryce and I drove by our polling place today and there were only about ten cars in the parking lot....but in Bryce's words we "lived in the moment" and got to enjoy each other today.

No comments:

Post a Comment