Saturday, November 15, 2008

Date Night






Charlotte is officially two months old today! My mom decided that it had been long enough, and sent Bryce and I out for a date night. It feels like we haven't been out in so long, that we actually had to debate what we wanted to do with our newfound freedom. After looking and seeing few movies that we REALLY wanted to see, my vote was for an exhibition called "Dialogue in the Dark" at Atlantic Station and Bryce wanted to go see the King Tut exhibit at the Atlanta Civic center (can you tell we are social studies teachers?!). It came down to the dates the exhibits would be open, my choice is only here until February, and King Tut is here until May so I won!

I fed Charlotte one last time and changed (I have already learned you don't put on your nice outfit until you are ready to leave) and off we went. Dialogue in the Dark is almost an experiment, they literally hand you a walking cane and send you off into the dark with a guide who just so happens to be blind. You are forced to find your way through different real life experiences just by following your guide and his voice. It was a very cool experience, one we are both glad we did. Afterwards we went to Strip because Bryce and I are always looking for the next best steak. Every Valentine's day and Anniversary we pick a new steakhouse to try just so we can add to our list of "Best Steaks Ever" (PSA: CHOPS still holds our #1 spot). We spent our meal reminiscing over all the nice restaurants we have been to, and that got us started on all the great vacations we have taken and on to the ones we want to take. We basically have the next 20-30 summers of our life planned out based on vacations we want to take (all from one date night!).

When we returned, my Dad tried to convince us that Charlotte was talking to him while we were gone (apparently she can answer questions, as long as the answer you want is "YUP") and Mom had already bathed and fed her so she was ready for bed. It was a great night over all, and I am still shaking my head at the thought that Charlotte has been in our lives for EIGHT weeks already!

1 comment:

  1. Tell Grandma I am so proud of her! :) I am sure Charlotte enjoyed her time with her grandparents as much as you and Bryce enjoyed your alone time!

    ReplyDelete