Half of a year has FLOWN by. Emily was six months old on the day we went back to school, and it is amazing how much she has grown. Half of a year sounds so long, but it sure doesn't feel that way. Emily is such an amazing child. Her temperament is so sweet and loving. She adapts very quickly to new situations and is pretty happy go lucky. As long as someone is willing to hold her or show her attention she is a happy girl. She is sitting up on her own now. She topples over every once in awhile but for the most part she can sit up and play with her toys and eats in her high chair now. She is still getting six feedings a day, but mainly because that's when my schedule at school works out with her feedings. I feed her before we leave, she has three bottles (of hard earned breastmilk that I pump at work) while she's at Mrs. d's, I feed her when we get home, and one more snuggle feeding before she lays down for bed. Before we returned to work she was sleeping from 7:30pm to 8:00 AM with no feedings in between, but of course now that we are back at work she is waking up again. I am hopeful that she will figure it out soon and start sleeping through the night again. She is eating solid foods like a champ. She has oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast, a vegetable for lunch, and half a fruit and half a veg with oatmeal for dinner. I've shied away from rice cereal for now because she broke out in an awful rash right before school started and I still can't tell for sure what it was from. The most likely culprit was laundry detergent but her skin still isn't completely back to normal.
Little Emily smiles all the time. She loves to laugh and giggle. She loves to put anything and everything in her mouth. She is content to be in the car, she is content to play with a toy, she is content to walk around in your arms....as long as she doesn't think she is alone. The minute she thinks she's been left alone the tears start. I call that second child syndrome. Charlotte is becoming much more animated with Emily (as long as she's not reaching for one of Charlotte's toys! We're working on that.) and loves the role of big sister. Life is good with these two sweet girls around.

No comments:
Post a Comment