I almost wanted to say "the end of an era". It feels like this summer has been an "era" of sorts for Bryce and I. We've been living in this bubble of our two sweet baby girls, and I know this time next year they are both going to seem SO grown up. I am trying really hard not to be sad that summer is ending, but man it was a good one. Emily is JUST getting to that amazing baby age where her personality is starting to show and she is able to understand more about her world. I LOVE that eight month range where they are still babies but can crawl and move about and learn so much every day. It makes me sad to know we'll be in school while she goes through that. I want to be there to see all her "firsts"! And Charlotte. By next summer she will be almost FIVE! She's already getting to where she is a "big girl" and doesn't want help with anything. I can't even imagine how grown she'll be in a year. I have so enjoyed my daily conversations with Charlotte. That girl is a talker, and I never know what she is going to ask or say next and I love it! She truly made each and every day special, and even though I grumbled when it was time to get out of bed in the morning I always went into her room with a smile on my face because I knew she would have something new and exciting to talk about. And Emily. I looked forward to going into her room every morning when I heard her wake up because she would have the biggest grin waiting for me. Her whole body would shake when I came in like she was doing a little dance about seeing me again.
I know that life will go on and we'll do our best to spend quality time with them even during the school year, but I also know what a precious commodity time can be when we are both at work. I just have to soak up every single minute I have with them when we are home. Charlotte is moving on to "big girl school" and Emily is taking up residence at Mrs. D's house. I know it will be so good for both girls to go out, learn, and make new friends it's just the transition that makes it so hard. I love these girls so much, I will miss them every minute that we are apart!
I know that life will go on and we'll do our best to spend quality time with them even during the school year, but I also know what a precious commodity time can be when we are both at work. I just have to soak up every single minute I have with them when we are home. Charlotte is moving on to "big girl school" and Emily is taking up residence at Mrs. D's house. I know it will be so good for both girls to go out, learn, and make new friends it's just the transition that makes it so hard. I love these girls so much, I will miss them every minute that we are apart!

No comments:
Post a Comment